For additional resources and suggestions shared by our members…
Please visit our private FB discussion group.
Parent Resources and Strategies
The following resources have been compiled by Julia Chung and her team to help families through these challenging times.
Click here for the email sent to all SEPTA members on 3/19/20.
Please note: www.understood.org and www.additudemag.com are both websites that specialize in working with individuals who learn and think differently.
- Thursday, 4/2: Quaran-Teens with ADHD: Troubleshooting Learning, Motivation, and Organization Problems
- Thursday, 3/19: Crash Course for Parents: Keeping Kids with ADHD in ‘Study Mode’ While Home from School
- COVID-19 Information By and For People with Disabilities
- Explaining Covid-19 to Little Ones
- How To Talk About COVID-19 With People Who Have Autism (NPR)
- UM-NSU CARD’s Let’s Talk About The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Whiteboard Social Narrative Video
Resources for Families
- Resources for families during the Coronavirus Pandemic (includes links for At Home Learning, Stress Management and others)
- Help Your Family De-Stress During Coronavirus Uncertainty
- Coronavirus: Latest Updates and Tips (includes links for
- How to Explain Coronavirus to a Child with Anxiety
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus
- How to Reduce Your Child’s Coronavirus Anxiety – When Kids are Anxious about Coronavirus
Special Education FAQs
- Legal FAQs on Coronvirus, School Closing and Special Education:
At Home Learning
- How to Prepare Your Child for Online Learning
- Stuck at Home? 20 Learning Activities to Keep Kids Busy
- Movement Apps, Games and Websites
- Accessible Work From Home Tools (some tools may be interest for older kids)
- Home Learning During the Crisis